The Palatine Village Hall, designed in 1946 as an addition to the local high school, found that its layout no longer served the Village’s expanding needs. As a result, Palatine undertook substantial interior and exterior renovations, focusing on the reorganization of departments and the welcoming atmosphere.
The relocated main entrance provides natural navigation cues as soon as you enter the sunlit, two-story atrium, with high clerestory windows that form a visual connection between public circulation and service areas on both floors. The space draws in the visitor by utilizing warm and durable materials that are both welcoming and easy to maintain. A display system implemented throughout the hall exhibits various art from local students and artists.
For staff, the facility’s departmental relationships integrate shared workspace amenities and areas for collaborating. Expanded council chambers better support council meetings, and a new community meeting room designed to accommodate 120 people reflects the Village of Palatine’s commitment to serving their constituents. After 70 years, the Village of Palatine finally has a facility reflective of the civic functions they provide for their community.