Bethesda Health & Housing

With a focus on continuum of care, Bethesda Health & Housing transformed their care model from an institutional style to a smaller household concept. The Bethesda Heritage building opened in 1953 to accommodate 125 skilled nursing residents. After nearly six decades and with mechanical and electrical systems failing, Bethesda Health & Housing decided to replace their Heritage community and relocate the 125 beds to the Pleasantview campus. With a new Heritage building and a shift towards smaller households, the Bethesda campus now utilizes a renovated commercial kitchen, a new multi-story skilled care building ,a transitional care unit and therapy club suites, and a new main entry and identity to assist in facilitating the continuum of care.